Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Student Summit


When we had teams on the Wiki and students were supposed to contributed to it, I was the only one on my team that did anything on it. I was a little disappointed that I did all the work and they didn’t do anything, I thought that was point of the project helping out each other over long distance communication. My topic was Connecting the World Online and that’s all about how people can be connected and people are getting connected in the flattening world. We learned different digital tools that make your life way easier such as online note taking, you can organize the notes anyway you want and in any format. Global collaboration was a huge part of this project, if you needed help to answer a question about your video or Wiki page you could get on the Ning and ask the question and hopefully someone would answer your question.  I learned lessons from this project that I’ll carry for the rest of my life, they are: Global communication and collaboration is a good thing, Digital tools to help you secede, Do your part of the work so your groups don’t get mad at you.
My favorite about this project was learning all the ways to communicate in a flatten world and all the technology that is out there. You could interact with anybody anywhere in the world which I think is really cool and unique; not every student has that opportunity. The biggest challenge was trying to get everybody in the group to work together and do their fair share of work. Getting the video done on time was challenging. Making sure all the files worked and if they didn’t was very frustrated. The changes I would like to see is saving the things on the Wiki and Ning and if it wasn’t so difficult.    

No comments:

Post a Comment